Safety Facts and Side Effects About Liquid Glucose
Liquid Glucose, CAS# 8027-56-3, is a polysaccharide manufactured through chemical synthesis, available as Thick transparent liquid, no visible impurities. Liquid Glucose is widely used as sweeteners. .
Is there some safety and/or health risk about Liquid Glucose that consumers need to know? Let's check out some basic facts about this ingredient.
GRAS Exemptions: Yes
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Liquid Glucose is perfectly safe for using as food additives.
As Liquid Glucose is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Liquid Glucose for long period.
Special Groups Precaution
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Liquid Glucose could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Liquid Glucose in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Liquid Glucose for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
General Side Effects
No significant side effects reported. Ingestion of liquid glucose might leads to high blood sugar level.
Reported Health Issues
No health issues about Liquid Glucose reported up to now.
1. Influence of dietary liquid glucose, sucrose and fructose on body fat formation. [Nature. 1969 May 10]
Author: Brook M, Noel P.
2. Metabolic differences between dietary liquid glucose and sucrose. [Nature. 1966 Sep 3]
Author: Allen RJ, Brook M, Lister RE, Sim AK, Warwick MH.
3. ""High liquid glucose"" for oral use in renal failure. [Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1966 Aug-Sep]
Author: Urdaneta LF, Subramanian VA, Griffen WO Jr.
4. Some effects of dietary dextrose, fructose, liquid glucose and sucrose in the adult male rat. [Br J Nutr. 1966]
Author: Allen RJ, Leahy JS.
5. THE METABOLISM OF HUMAN FOREARM TISSUES AFTER INGESTION OF GLUCOSE, FRUCTOSE, SUCROSE, OR LIQUID GLUCOSE. A STUDY BY CONTINUOUS IN-VIVO AUTOANALYSIS. [Lancet. 1964 Mar 14]
Author: BUTTERFIELD WJ, SARGEANT BM, WHICHELOW MJ.
As Liquid Glucose suppliers, Foodchem International Corporation has been supplying quality Liquid Glucose to customers all over the world for over 10 years. If you have any questions or wish to receive a quote, please feel free to reach us by email:email@example.com?or by phone: +86 21 2206 3075. Our sales person will get back to you in 1 working day.