Safety Facts and Side Effects About Oat Beta Glucan
Oat Beta Glucan, CAS# 9008-22-4, is a Plant extracts manufactured through plant extraction, available as White or Off White Fine Powder. Oat Beta Glucan is widely used as nutrition supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
Is there some safety and/or health risk about Oat Beta Glucan that consumers need to know? Let's check out some basic facts about this ingredient.
GRAS Exemptions: No
Though Oat Beta Glucan is not on FDA's GRAS exemption list, it's still widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries including USA with specific limit on dosage.
As Oat Beta Glucan is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Oat Beta Glucan for long period.
Special Groups Precaution
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Oat Beta Glucan could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Oat Beta Glucan in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Oat Beta Glucan for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
General Side Effects
No significant side effects reported.
Reported Health Issues
No health issues about Oat Beta Glucan reported up to now.
1. Synthesis and Characterization of Fatty Acid Oat β-Glucan Ester and Its Structure-Curcumin Loading Capacity Relationship. [J Agric Food Chem. 2014 Dec 17]
Author: Chen F, Liu J, Ye F, Zhao G.
2. Cholesterol-lowering effects of oat β-glucan: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. [Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Dec]
Author: Whitehead A, Beck EJ, Tosh S, Wolever TM.
3. Oat β-glucan: physico-chemical characteristics in relation to its blood-glucose and cholesterol-lowering properties. [Br J Nutr. 2014 Oct]
Author: Wang Q, Ellis PR.
4. Optimization and characterization of curcumin loaded in octenylsuccinate oat β-glucan micelles with an emphasis on degree of substitution and molecular weight. [J Agric Food Chem. 2014 Jul 30]
Author: Liu J, Chen F, Tian W, Ma Y, Li J, Zhao G.
5. The role of meal viscosity and oat β-glucan characteristics in human appetite control: a randomized crossover trial. [Nutr J. 2014 May 28]
Author: Rebello CJ, Chu YF, Johnson WD, Martin CK, Han H, Bordenave N, Shi Y, O'Shea M, Greenway FL.
As Oat Beta Glucan suppliers, Foodchem International Corporation has been supplying food grade Oat Beta Glucan to customers all over the world for over 10 years. If you have any questions or wish to receive a quote, please feel free to reach us by email:?email@example.com?or by phone: +86 21 2206 3075. Our sales person will get back to you in 1 working day.